Using Red Sea 500 Auto Fleece Rollers on a 169g Setup

NeuroReefer215

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a ReefMat 500 be enough for a 169 gallon reef tank or would I need to go with the 1200? Trying to avoid spending the extra money if I don’t have to. Anyone running the 500 on a similar size system?
 
Would a ReefMat 500 be enough for a 169 gallon reef tank or would I need to go with the 1200? Trying to avoid spending the extra money if I don’t have to. Anyone running the 500 on a similar size system?
Sizing is based on GPH passed through the sump, not the size of the tank.
 
I had a 500 on my 150, wasn't happy with it. Made all of the suggested adjustments but it couldn't keep up with the flow. Switched to the 1200, completely happy with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new