Using toilet fill valve as ATO

  • Thread starter Thread starter IE Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah, I would have considered them but the input line is too small for the pump I’m planning on using, I think it’s meant for like an RODI unit or other applications like it.
Here is one, well actually 3 that are 1/2 supply all plastic $14
https://a.co/d/75aisAz
 
I use a gravity fed float valve. Been using it for over a year no problems.

Cheap and efficient. Bought two, have one as a backup.

No electronics, nothing to break or fail, not subject to power failures.

I clean it every six months which just entails removing it and giving it a fresh water bath and inspecting it.

No fuss no muss and did I mention CHEAP LOL
 
I did just that. Not a salt tank so i used a icemaker copper line kit and tied into my water main and drilled a hole in floor. It works quite well other than it would raise up so i epoxied it so it cant go up or down
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220729-112940.png
    Screenshot_20220729-112940.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220729-112928.png
    Screenshot_20220729-112928.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220729-100431.png
    Screenshot_20220729-100431.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220729-112940.png
    Screenshot_20220729-112940.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Update: I was able to find a way to attach the tubing to the fill valve! Basically, I loosely screwed on a dia elbow pvc fitting and used the shank washer and locknut to fasten it to the bottom, then I attached a pvc spigot and ran the tubing through the pvc elbows. Tomorrow I'm planning on adding a cap to the top of the spigot and drilling a hole for the tubing to run through. Now I need to figure out how to regulate the pressure setting on the fill valve so that I don't have to buy a new pump, but it seems likely.

Video:

IMG_2575[1].JPEG IMG_2577[1].JPEG IMG_2578[1].JPEG IMG_2579[1].JPEG IMG_2580[1].JPEG Boobs?......perks up^^^^^
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new