Using VCA Random Flow Nozzles on Reefer 170

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using a VCA Random Flow Nozzle on a Red Sea Reefer 170?

I've got a lot of flow coming from the return pump. Thinking that I'd like that flow mixed up a lot. Currently food tends to accumulate in one of the back corners, and I'm hoping random flow with mix that up a bit.

Anyone using one of these? Comments, thoughts?

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/aquairum-specific/red-sea/

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180703_204049.jpg

I have a 75 gallon with a Jebao DC6000 feeding two of those puppies. I like them a lot!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One half inch RFG on my Reefer Nano coupled with a Tunze DC return pump is the sole source of flow in the tank. The things are ingenious, get one!

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two on my 150g and love them. Their mfg specs aren't the best....both are pretty loose to loc line, one better than the other. But, work well and really do a random type flow somehow.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it on my reefer 170 and removed it. The look of it seemed too obnoxious on the little reefer. I have one on my 80 gallon and it works fine.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using a VCA Random Flow Nozzle on a Red Sea Reefer 170?

I've got a lot of flow coming from the return pump. Thinking that I'd like that flow mixed up a lot. Currently food tends to accumulate in one of the back corners, and I'm hoping random flow with mix that up a bit.

Anyone using one of these? Comments, thoughts?

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/aquairum-specific/red-sea/
We have a number of people that use a single 1/2in RFG with Slip-Fit-drop on that tank and for the most part, they are every satisfied.

To @ca1ore point, the single nozzle solution can be a bit restrictive when it comes flow throughput. If you think you are going to push more than 400 to 450GPH, you might consider the dual 1/2in kit.

The Ultimate Red Sea Reefer Return Line upgrade kit gives you the most flexibility. It might even be available at your favorite online shop:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/where-to-buy/

For more examples check out our Random Flow Generator Show Off thread - link in the signature below

Dramer77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a number of people that use a single 1/2in RFG with Slip-Fit-drop on that tank and for the most part, they are every satisfied.

To @ca1ore point, the single nozzle solution can be a bit restrictive when it comes flow throughput. If you think you are going to push more than 400 to 450GPH, you might consider the dual 1/2in kit.

The Ultimate Red Sea Reefer Return Line upgrade kit gives you the most flexibility. It might even be available at your favorite online shop:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/where-to-buy/

For more examples check out our Random Flow Generator Show Off thread - link in the signature below
What about a single 3/4

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back