USPS Rant

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am never one to really rant about a company but darn....USPS is slacking.

Ordered a breeding pair of clowns on thursday for friday delivery....USPS tracking says "departed (City) expected delivery friday 5th by 12pm". Ok so yesterday noon rolls around no fish (yet another order from fedex arrives around 330pm). Track it again and the message is still the same. Call USPS (which is awful to deal with) and they were as useful as a wet paper bag. SOOOOO after 14 calls to different USPS branches, 4 "supervisor" talks and the "covid excuse" my package is being considered "lost" I am also considering my business with USPS "lost" for a little too.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear :(

Id never trust the post office with fish, esp after the last several months. I had priority mail packages 'out for delivery' for over a month in Jan...

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I’ve never had anything live shipped through USPS. Most places use fedex and UPS. USPS is terrible. I ordered a small shipment from Tnutz February 15th. It stayed stuck at the Albany, New York distribution center for over 2 weeks. No movement at all. And zero updates tracking wise. Finally got the package today. This package was unimportant, but was rather irritated. Customer service was zero help also. Now if this was a live shipment, I’d be mad as hell.

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I’ve never had anything live shipped through USPS. Most places use fedex and UPS. USPS is terrible. I ordered a small shipment from Tnutz February 15th. It stayed stuck at the Albany, New York distribution center for over 2 weeks. No movement at all. And zero updates tracking wise. Finally got the package today. This package was unimportant, but was rather irritated. Customer service was zero help also. Now if this was a live shipment, I’d be mad as hell.

I had a similar experience from a big vendor in PA. The vendor was nice enough to deal with the local USPS office and they told them that due to covid they were 3 weeks behind. Wow. It took over three weeks to get here as well. Like you, absolutely no updates and the USPS request I put in was closed instantly saying they have no clue what I am asking. I felt bad after since it seems like it went to my local USPS office instead of the one the package was sitting at. Hopefully, if someone actually reads the satisfaction email, that was very colorful, comments they understand it wasn't my local uspss' issue.

Now, I don't know how understaffed they were due to the scenario, but three weeks is pretty crazy. So much, that I ended up needing to buy several of the items again and still need to ship back the big ticket items to the vendor.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Apparently, there is a new way to receive my monthly bank statement from USPS:

1618611025577.png

zoejogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry that your package is lost. But then again, this is USPS we're talking about here. Honestly, is it that surprising? Tbh, before I thought that USPS was the only way I could send a parcel internationally. Thank god a few years later I found out about ems shipping tracking. Yeah yeah, you can laugh all you want. I really had no idea about ems. Anyways, apparently with ems you can see the delivery status of your parcel updated every three days, so I always feel extremely reassured with them.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those poor fish! I think the vendor who used them is equally as crappy. What reputable vendor would send live animals via usps?!!!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair they all pretty much much suck lately. My fedex "arrival by 12" is rarely here by noon and twice recently was over a day late. Ironically the one time recently it was on time it was delivered to a house over a mile away. Luckily that guy saw it on his porch a few hours later and delivered to me right away.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back