Utility sink Faucet that works with python no fill no spill system

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a faucet that will work with the python system, which I believe uses a standard hose barb adapter.

My other half is in full support of switching out the faucet on the utility sink, however her request is that it has a sprayer option. Herein lies my problem, I can not find any faucet with a pull out/down sprayer that I am able to also screw the python to.

Please, any of you DIY experts help me out here

TIA

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The python also comes with an adaptor that you can remove the faucet tip and it should fit the faucet then the python fits the adaptor.

I don’t know if a specific faucet that has a sprayer, but if it has a standard tip that’s removable it should fit.

I can snap a photo of my adaptor when I get near it if that helps.

good luck.

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a faucet that will work with the python system, which I believe uses a standard hose barb adapter.

My other half is in full support of switching out the faucet on the utility sink, however her request is that it has a sprayer option. Herein lies my problem, I can not find any faucet with a pull out/down sprayer that I am able to also screw the python to.

Please, any of you DIY experts help me out here

TIA
I don't use the faucet anymore for the Python. I just clamp the end in order to secure it to the sink. It seemed to take way longer to get it going and a waste of water by running the faucet. Just my opinion. Gravity is still the main driver of the siphon. I just run it to the basement sink since I use the 75ft Python. That'll also make it easier to rid all the bad water from the tube when you retract it.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you still get the faucets that have the separate faucet and sprayer? I was considering one for my deep sink.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot has them
polished-chrome-american-standard-utility-sink-faucets-2475-540-002-64_400.jpg

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this as a package. A hose screws on the end and it will flex and spray.
2018123011414010-56782834074__3CC1F8D9-DF65-426A-993B-A32EDF852037-M.jpg

That thing coming out the side I made to hook up my RODI. Ignore that.
This looks like what I need! Can you tell me the brand/model or link to it?

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the faucet anymore for the Python. I just clamp the end in order to secure it to the sink. It seemed to take way longer to get it going and a waste of water by running the faucet. Just my opinion. Gravity is still the main driver of the siphon. I just run it to the basement sink since I use the 75ft Python. That'll also make it easier to rid all the bad water from the tube when you retract it.
Tank and sink are in the basement, and about 60 feet apart. Unfortunately I have no options other than the python, or lots of buckets which I am not doing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back