UV filter plumbing

Nick Barbier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new 25 watt UV filter that I want to plumb inline with my return pump using nylon tubing. I want to order a Cepex ball valve from BRS. I'm not sure what fitting to use besides the barb threaded fittings for each side of the ball valve. The UV filter will be standing vertically attached to the outside right-side of my 125g reef tank. The part I'm not sure of is what fittings I need to attach to the end of the tubing to hang on the back of the frame and flow into the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Running it in-line you can use the barb fittings running water to the tank. No ball valve at uv but rather at pump line Only if you need to slow or regulate water flow which you dont want running through the UV unit too quickly

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use something like this

313rSVs5gJL._AC_.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nick Barbier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running it in-line you can use the barb fittings running water to the tank. No ball valve at uv but rather at pump line Only if you need to slow or regulate water flow which you dont want running through the UV unit too quickly
I guess the problem I'm having is that I want full flow from the return pump to the main tank. But I need a ball valve to regulate the flow from the pump to the uv sterilizer. So I think that I need a T barb fitting before the ball valve and to the uv sterilizer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back