UV installation

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my max s400 can I connect the output of uv sterilizer to extra port on manifold where return pump is connected?

OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't. and most i've seen and what i do is send the output into the return pump chamber or directly into the DT.
Ok so what section of sump should I put the inlet pump? How would I get outlet to DT? Or can i just put the outlet into chamber where return pump is?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way is to have a dedicated pump sitting in the sump pulling water out, and returning right back in. Where it comes out and goes back in really doesn't matter a whole lot. Mine pulls from the left side of the skimmer chamber and returns to the right side of the same chamber.

OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way is to have a dedicated pump sitting in the sump pulling water out, and returning right back in. Where it comes out and goes back in really doesn't matter a whole lot. Mine pulls from the left side of the skimmer chamber and returns to the right side of the same chamber.
That seems like you’re just uv’ing the same water over and over. I think I’ll set up pump in chamber next to skimmer and return to return pump chamber

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems like you’re just uv’ing the same water over and over. I think I’ll set up pump in chamber next to skimmer and return to return pump chamber
The water is moving through your sump....no different than doing AWC from the same chamber (pulling dirty and returning clean to the same area). It has been proven that the chances of reusing the same water is negligible.

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My intake pump and the return for my UV are both in my skimmer chamber, though I have the intake pump closer to where water enters the chamber. I return it right beside my skimmer, which hopefully pulls in anything that got zapped.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back