Uv light

gargola1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon guys, I have a few doubts with my 36watts uv light that I install with my manifold which is giving me a flow rate of 225 will it be ok with my 125 gallon tank with a 40gallon sump to battle dinoflagellates. Any thoughts will I appreciate. Thank you

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things: First, did you determine that you have the type of Dino that is free-floating and can be impacted by UV? Second, check with your user manual on your UV light. It will tell you the flow rates for different types of treatments.

OP
OP
G

gargola1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things: First, did you determine that you have the type of Dino that is free-floating and can be impacted by UV? Second, check with your user manual on your UV light. It will tell you the flow rates for different types of treatments.
I done that by taking some algae in a cup shaking it and then filter out and after a hour it came back. I believe for sure is dino. About the manual is lost. Just need the correct flow to make sure am doing the right thing.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I done that by taking some algae in a cup shaking it and then filter out and after a hour it came back. I believe for sure is dino. About the manual is lost. Just need the correct flow to make sure am doing the right thing.
Which light do you have?

Back