UV Mounting

Zestfullyclean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if I should have any concerns with the way I installed my UV. I installed it under the bottom of the tank in the sump area with the flow going up into the unit and then back down. I have read it’s not ideal to have it plumbed sump to sump which I may change to have it return directly to the tank but more wondering if being mounted in this way would be anything to worry about and if I may not be getting the full benefits from the way it is mounted.

54992EF2-01F6-4CD2-8FE9-FAAF92AF2C19.jpeg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if I should have any concerns with the way I installed my UV. I installed it under the bottom of the tank in the sump area with the flow going up into the unit and then back down. I have read it’s not ideal to have it plumbed sump to sump which I may change to have it return directly to the tank but more wondering if being mounted in this way would be anything to worry about and if I may not be getting the full benefits from the way it is mounted.

54992EF2-01F6-4CD2-8FE9-FAAF92AF2C19.jpeg
That’s how mine is plumbed because there was no other way to fit it. It’s worked fine for me. Good luck!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back