UV question

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running this in my tank to help with a dino situation I have been battling.

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 8.37.20 AM.png

I have to clean out the sponge every day (at most every other day). I am getting ready to be away from my tank for 11 days and its not something I am comfortable asking the person tank sitting to do.

Has anyone ever run this type of UV without the intank sponge (if it goes that long without cleaning I feel like the sponge will become clogged with gunk and become ineffective while I am gone). So in theory, no sponge, no clog.

Concerns with doing that?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with this type. Looks like maybe the sponge is to protect the pump? If that's the case it would probably be fine without it as long as a snail or something doesn't crawl in. Maybe place a piece of mesh over the intake. I'd be concerned about the bulb over heating if the sponge becomes clogged.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%

Back