Uv sterilizer installation

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone need help here I’m installing my uv sterilizer and need help I’ll upload photos of what I’m working with, I’m running a hydra 3200 return pump I have a vectra m1 hooked up to the uv at the first chamber and have it come out the third to where the return pump is but it’s not enough to keep up as the first chamber runs low on water and not able to overflow into the second. So my question is do I hook up my uv sterilizer directly to the return pump straight into the tank? Or how do I hook this up

image.jpg

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe im not understanding this right, but your UV sterilizer takes up a decent amount of water volume, wouldn't you just add saltwater to level out your sump to makeup for the water that is now in the UV?

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe im not understanding this right, but your UV sterilizer takes up a decent amount of water volume, wouldn't you just add saltwater to level out your sump to makeup for the water that is now in the UV?
The return would be way over level if I add more water

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 46

Rhodes87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone need help here I’m installing my uv sterilizer and need help I’ll upload photos of what I’m working with, I’m running a hydra 3200 return pump I have a vectra m1 hooked up to the uv at the first chamber and have it come out the third to where the return pump is but it’s not enough to keep up as the first chamber runs low on water and not able to overflow into the second. So my question is do I hook up my uv sterilizer directly to the return pump straight into the tank? Or how do I hook this up

image.jpg
I would run every bit of the water through the UV. But sounds like you might have one pump running faster then the other.

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The baffles are there to control the water, so if you add water it will fill up your 1st chamber till it starts to over flow into your second, and so on. I don't think it will overflow your return chamber

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run every bit of the water through the UV. But sounds like you might have one pump running faster then the other.
That’s the thing is the return is a 3200gph and it’s at max and the pump to the uv is at the lowest setting

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my setup for a Future UV. Yes I can control the flow enough with the Ball Valve, as I have the same set up on my 65 Gallon. Just dump the water back in the Sump. BTW The PVC Adapter, at the Pump, is a BSPT “British Standard Pipe Tread.” McMaster-Carr has that fitting. You will need the Gasket, that Came with the pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back