UV Sterilizer-pump-flow meter recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wojtek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wojtek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to install a UV with a new pump, flow meter, etc. on a 120 gallon system. Currently I am running a Cor20 as a main return pump and was going to add another one as a back up and run the UV in the mean time, but I have some questions. Even though I have had no issues with the Cor20 in over a year, the reviews are not so hot with the power supplies failures. What pump would you all recommend to run the UV and be a back up to the COr20 incase of failure?

Thanks in advance.
 
Are you running UV for algae control or parasite prevention?
I would like to have the control to dial it in using the neptune flow meter for parasite control, and then be able to swap to main return incase the Cor20 craps out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new