UV Sterilizer

VermontReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, Aqua UV come with 2” slip union bulkheads. You can buy the reducing bushing to your desired plumbing size, then It’s just a slip straight or 90 degree barbed fitting for connection to hoses.
I just picked up a Aqua UV 57w and am impressed with the build quality and design. It’s going to be easy to maintain with the unions. It can also be plumbed vertically or horizontally with unions facing up.

Cool idea on the flow rates if you can have it be automated with a dc pump and controller.
I also just bought a 57w as well and it came with a barb fitting, power supply and unit. There was no reducer bushing. At all. Seems odd not to be able to use the unit right out of the box? I emailed them and they are going to send the reducer bushing. Did your come with one? What was in your box?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just bought a 57w as well and it came with a barb fitting, power supply and unit. There was no reducer bushing. At all. Seems odd not to be able to use the unit right out of the box? I emailed them and they are going to send the reducer bushing. Did your come with one? What was in your box?
Sorry I can't be of more help, I bought mine used with a brand new lamp form a local reefer.

It does seem very odd to send parts that can't be fitted. I'm sure it can be found at HD but you shouldn't need to do that.

I got mine set up this morning and the difference in water clarity is already improved, I can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 92 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back