Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is apparently safe to run UV when dosing with Coppersafe, and probably Copper Power as well. However, do not do that with Cupramine, as that can break the amine/copper bond and release toxic amounts of free copper.

Jay

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is apparently safe to run UV when dosing with Coppersafe, and probably Copper Power as well. However, do not do that with Cupramine, as that can break the amine/copper bond and release toxic amounts of free copper.

Jay
Seachem should have made the toxicity problem clear on the label. I thought them asking ppl not to use UV was because it was gonna make it less effective. That’s terrible. No wonder I had mixed results with that copper.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem should have made the toxicity problem clear on the label. I thought them asking ppl not to use UV was because it was gonna make it less effective. That’s terrible. No wonder I had mixed results with that copper.
My concern is that full testing may not have been done with all thee copper products for detrimental reactions. In particular, I worry about using ammonia reducers with any of these amine based products. When I use copper of any type, I avoid UV, ozone and all reducing agents… just because I’m unsure of the complicated chemistry involved.
Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back