UWC Vibrant

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some algae I need to rid and I'm Considering using Vibrant.

Has anyone used it in their Zoa tanks?

Will nutrients strip and cause problems?

OP
OP
Fragzilla

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff

image.jpg

Jonathan Presseau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. I also dose KNO3 to keep my NO3 at 5-10 ppm as Vibrant will reduce your NO3 faster than PO4 thus you will result in Cyano. I had terrible hair algae my zoa only tank and after a month or 2 of dosing Vibrant and KNO3 (together with my normal dosing schedule of aminos, vitamin c, iodine with weekly MB7 and reef roids/reef chili) I have none. I do not run Carbon, only Skimmer and filter sock and between Vibrant and MB7 water clarity is great.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it to help fight bryopsis and it worked pretty well. No ill effect on zoas or any other corals. Be warned that if you have a fuge and use Cheato it will nuke your Cheato. Bonus is that when I was using it I literally did not have to scrape algae off my glass for well over a week.

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleared some hair algae from one of my zoa colonies. Haven't seen any issues with any coral from vibrant.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's why it's probably best to try and manually remove as much as possible to aid in the process

Yes very good point. I really think that's the best way for this to work. I've been manually removing for over 6 months. Literally daily. It's an LPS tank and I feed heavy. This was more a last ditch effort and I'm glad it does seem to be working.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do manually have to remove as much as possible while using the Vibrant. You know what helped clean the rest up? Those big Lettuce Nudi's. They went to town on the short straggly stuff after manual removal. Not great on the long clumps but great on the short stuff.

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently used this product and has no affect on my corals what so ever except making them look better! I used it for dinoflagellates in my 55 gal and for turf and green hair algae in my 28gal nano tank. In a week and a half dosing 2x per week my dinoflagellates are pretty much gone and the turf and gh is taking a tad longer but it's working!

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've used different products to eradicate bryopisis...
By far, fluco is the best treatment you can apply safely....

Back