Valentini puffer fish cyst

Deancsiz83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I am just posting this on here, after some advice. My puffer fish seems to a formed a cyst. I'm just wondering if anyone can diagnose it and if there is any treatments readily available for me to add to the tank. Thanks a lot.

DSC_1804.JPG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this show suddenly, or grow over some weeks? While it could be an abscess, it could also be a tumor (the latter tend to develop more slowly).
Jay

OP
OP
D

Deancsiz83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this show suddenly, or grow over some weeks? While it could be an abscess, it could also be a tumor (the latter tend to develop more slowly).
Jay
Yeah it seemed to just appear, but it hasn't gone down any other the last few weeks. Doesn't seem to be bothering the fish at all mind. Still swimming about and eating fine. Is there any treatments for a abscess you know?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it seemed to just appear, but it hasn't gone down any other the last few weeks. Doesn't seem to be bothering the fish at all mind. Still swimming about and eating fine. Is there any treatments for a abscess you know?
It likely isn't a tumor then. Because an abscess is well walled off by the fish (as a defense against the infection) antibiotics are not easily delivered inside it. If the spot is stable, you should consider just leaving it as the only other option I see is to try and aspirate it with a tuberculin syringe/needle.

Jay

OP
OP
D

Deancsiz83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely isn't a tumor then. Because an abscess is well walled off by the fish (as a defense against the infection) antibiotics are not easily delivered inside it. If the spot is stable, you should consider just leaving it as the only other option I see is to try and aspirate it with a tuberculin syringe/needle.

Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back