Valentini Puffer Missing

mckennamichael407

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
51
Location
Annapolis
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got a valentini puffer and he is in a quarantine tank I left for work her was fine. I come home and he is missing. I took out all of the rocks and checked all around the tank, it has a mes lid that was un disturbed and i cannot find him. Will they bury themselves or eat into live rock?
 
They can wedge themselves in some rock if they find a hole big enough. Do you have any filters on the tank it could have jumped in?
 
They can wedge themselves in some rock if they find a hole big enough. Do you have any filters on the tank it could have jumped in?


Sorry i am just seeing this. I eventually found him about half an inch under the surface of the sand wedge under live rock passed away :/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new