Valentini puffer

striker24!

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
18
Location
Orange
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’ve had my Valentini puffer for about 4 months and have always fed mysis shrimp and half shell clams, but I got a wyoming white clownfish yesterday and realized while feeding that the puffer also enjoys pellets, would it be okay to feed pellets most of the time and feed half shell clams 1 to 2 times a week instead of mysis shrimp daily? Mysis shrimp seems to make a mess and I don’t want to have my nitrates so high with all the extra food even though I always do weekly water changes, I feel feeding pellets might work better to control nitrates, is that something that I would be okay with or is the meaty food a MUST for valentini puffers? Thank you in advance!
 
Real food is always better than processed imo. I have 4 or 5 different frozen options and feed pellets when short on time or lazy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new