Vanadium pentoxide- need help from the big brains

  • Thread starter Thread starter csb123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Success! I ended up adding 1.8 grams of sodium hydroxide. 0.9 grams didn’t dissolve it completely.
Now I have vanadium supplement for life for $40. I’ll be giving about 80% of the vanadium pentoxide and sodium hydroxide powder away to my local fellow reefers.

953E0358-0B55-4E92-82A9-951E7B12FF70.jpeg
@Randy Holmes-Farley May I ask: If I dilute above solution into RODI water, 20mL diluting to make 1000mL liquid, will the pH increase and cause the Vanadium to precipitate back.

Thank you.
 
@Randy Holmes-Farley May I ask: If I dilute above solution into RODI water, 20mL diluting to make 1000mL liquid, will the pH increase and cause the Vanadium to precipitate back.

Thank you.

I cannot be sure. I'd just try it. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new