Varios Controller not working

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my controller for the Varios 6 return pump just all of a sudden stopped working for me. The power supply is fine, but once plugging it to the controller, it gives off a spark like it always does and nothing lights up. I tried plugging in a 24V power supply into it and that too doesnt work.

I swapped out the Varios 2 skimmer controller and plugged the return pump into it and that started working so I know at least the pump is not dead which is good.

Its been around a year only with this pump. Would think it would last a lot longer than that. Anyone else experience their controller just suddenly stop working?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my controller for the Varios 6 return pump just all of a sudden stopped working for me. The power supply is fine, but once plugging it to the controller, it gives off a spark like it always does and nothing lights up. I tried plugging in a 24V power supply into it and that too doesnt work.

I swapped out the Varios 2 skimmer controller and plugged the return pump into it and that started working so I know at least the pump is not dead which is good.

Its been around a year only with this pump. Would think it would last a lot longer than that. Anyone else experience their controller just suddenly stop working?
Yes, 3 different occasions on a Varios 6 within the first year. Took CoralVue several weeks (4-6weeks) each time to get me a new controller/pump since they wanted me to send in the defective pump and controller in each time. The first time they replaced the controller. Second and 3rd time the controller and pump was replaced. Fingers crossed 3rd time was a charm. Pump has been running strong for the past year and a half.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Contact CoralVue, they have really good service.

OP
OP
disaster999

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isnt encouraging to hear it failing this often. Ill try messaging them and see what they could do for me, but not having a return pump for 4-6 weeks isnt gonna work. My plumbing is all hard plumbed so just swapping it out for a back up pump is a major pita

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back