Varios2 and Apex VDM

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i set up a vdm and got the icecap y cable to hook up my Varios2 pump to my Apex. When i have the switch on the Apex set to off it turns off the pump as expected. When i move it to auto it runs the profile i created as expected. When i move it to the on position the green light on the Varios controller turns off and the pump defaults back to normal operation like its no longer connected. I can then change the speed on the controller. Anybody know why that is? Shouldn’t it still be Apex controlled and at 100%?

Tom@HaslettMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Varios 2 with APEX 0-10v (off the classic APEX). I have never tried the on position. Why not just set the pump controller to 100%. Then you’ll have what you’re looking for.

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a Varios 2 with APEX 0-10v (off the classic APEX). I have never tried the on position. Why not just set the pump controller to 100%. Then you’ll have what you’re looking for.

Im more just inquiring if its functioning properly thats all. Somebody told me that it shouldnt disable the variable control when in the on position... i plan on running in auto but I was playing with it trying to figure it out last night. There is not really a hole lot of info in it that i could find. Just want to make sure everything is working right..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back