VCA 1/2” Flex Series Random Flow Generator?

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a VCA Random Flow Generator. What is this supposed to fit on, it’s not a true 1/2” not Treaded, and didn’t fit on the Oceanic Lock Line fitting? Did I get Skunked, and they didn’t send me everything?
 
I purchased a VCA Random Flow Generator. What is this supposed to fit on, it’s not a true 1/2” not Treaded, and didn’t fit on the Oceanic Lock Line fitting? Did I get Skunked, and they didn’t send me everything?
We should be able to help here.

If you ordered directly from pir website, you can DM me your order and I can look it up.

You could also post a picture of the specific parts you ordered - that would be helpful as well.

And finally, if you can provide the exact brand/model of your tank, that would also be helpful.

Is it an Oceanic Biocube, or a different Oceanic model?

Depending on what you ordered, it may or may not have come with adapters and fittings. We offer the 1/2in Random Flow Generator nozzles as both a standard alone and as a pre-configured Flow kit.

Here's a picture of the Pre-configured 1/2in Flow Kit

1723039236910.png


With that said, the 1/2in RFG nozzle is designed to fit to 1/2in Loc-Line brand modular hose and other similar sized hoses.

The "1/2in" refers to the inner diameter of that hose, so the actual OD of the modular hose the 1/2in RFG fits to, is closer to 3/4in.

The good news is, I can almost guarantee we can get this figured out - we just need to nail down the details of your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new