Vectra + Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all -

Planning out my next build and I'm about to buy a new pump. I'd *really* like to use the Vectra L1 but the lack of integration with my Apex is pushing me in another direction.

What are the chances that we'll see Apex integration in some fashion from the Vectra in the near future?

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet on it not happening. It's up to Neptune whether or not to provide integration and given they are releasing their own return pump, it wouldn't make any sense for them to enable tight integration to a competing product. You'll see a controller from EcoTech before you see Apex/Vectra integration.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sad to say, but i agree with @ChristopherKriens . tried talking to them both at MACNA and it was a dead ended convo real quick on both parties. that being said, i run a Vectra with my Apex and LOVE my WAV's... so when the COR drops... i'll have a Vectra for sale.

ss95003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet on it not happening. It's up to Neptune whether or not to provide integration and given they are releasing their own return pump, it wouldn't make any sense for them to enable tight integration to a competing product. You'll see a controller from EcoTech before you see Apex/Vectra integration.
From my understanding you have this backward. Neptune has publicly stated they will support this. It is up to Ecotech to prove the standard format for it to happen, which ecotech has not stated they will do.

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding you have this backward. Neptune has publicly stated they will support this. It is up to Ecotech to prove the standard format for it to happen, which ecotech has not stated they will do.

Maybe you're referring to the Apex-Ready standard? Given that EcoTech already released the Vectra without Apex-Ready/WXM compatibility, the only hope at this point (which was the op's question) in the product's lifecycle is for Neptune to offer some sort of work-around integration, to the extent that it's even possible. All for a product that is ultimately going to compete with something they plan on releasing in the near future.

Like you said, EcoTech surely played a role in the early decisions that brought it to this point. Both companies are growing in a small market and they have gone from complementing each other to competing directly. I think we've already seen the peak of integration between them. Despite what's publicly stated, I don't think either company wants to integrate. We're on the verge of having two competing ecosystems in the reef aquarium hobby. Given the markets where that situation arises (Apple/Android, etc.), how much cooperation should we expect?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back