Vectra feed timer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

90reefernyc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Is there a way to put my Vectra into feed mode at different times of the day for about 5 minutes each time? I am using ESL
Thank you

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, busy start to the week so far. (Thanks @Shep)

So far, I'm not aware of programming options specific to "Feed Modes" at certain times of the day. Feed Mode is still manually activated through the ESL when you want to use it.

I assume a main reason to be able to "program" specific Feed Mode times is for those people who use automatic feeders and would like to continue to do so without being physically present..?

I'll send up the feedback to EcoSmart big-guns-upstairs and see if they may add that option in the future.

Thanks for brining it up!!

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

OP
OP

90reefernyc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, busy start to the week so far. (Thanks @Shep)

So far, I'm not aware of programming options specific to "Feed Modes" at certain times of the day. Feed Mode is still manually activated through the ESL when you want to use it.

I assume a main reason to be able to "program" specific Feed Mode times is for those people who use automatic feeders and would like to continue to do so without being physically present..?

I'll send up the feedback to EcoSmart big-guns-upstairs and see if they may add that option in the future.

Thanks for brining it up!!

Randy
Thank you Randy.
Can I plug the Vectra into a programmable socket and have it power on and off those times without loosing memory?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you could, but you really lose the whole "draw" to the Vectra specific feed modes while doing so. Essentially, you would be running the Vectra much like any old return pump (OFF during feed modes, and ON during normal operation). That is if you aren't utilizing the Vectra closed loop features.

The draw to the Vectra specific Feed Mode is that it can be calibrated to maintain back pressure (water level) within the return lines. This is to stop food from being back siphoned into the sump while feeding. If you put the Vectra on a controllable outlet, it completely shuts off the pump and the feature is rendered useless.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Is there a way to put my Vectra into feed mode at different times of the day for about 5 minutes each time? I am using ESL
Thank you

The masses (you) have spoke and they have listened! It's hit the "to-do" list for future updates to ESL.

Thanks again for your feedback, it really helps everyone!!

Randy

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The masses (you) have spoke and they have listened! It's hit the "to-do" list for future updates to ESL.

Thanks again for your feedback, it really helps everyone!!

Randy
Sure would be nice if they figured this one out eventually <shrugs>

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back