Vectra L1 Controller Error?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techie_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Techie_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2016
Messages
345
Reaction score
147
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my return pump stopped working over night, no big deal thankfully. The controller flashes the usual purple/orange and then green/red on start up. Manual says this is a stall error but the pump moves freely and I've been in chat with support at Ecotech to troubleshoot. This flashing sequence occurs regardless of if the pump is plugged in or not and the support rep wants me to send it in for service. I've taken the pump apart and cleaned it, flushed the cooling loop, and let the controller sit overnight in rice in case it got wet but still no dice. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

I'm just using this thread to get some ideas before I ultimately send it in for service. IMG_9060.jpg IMG_9061.jpg IMG_9062.jpg IMG_9063.jpg IMG_9064.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9058.MOV
    38 MB
Have you done a hard reset on it just in case?
Doesn't take to the hard reset. 100% certain the controller is broken.

Looks like there is a short to ground on one of the control pins near the MCU on the board. After an ultrasonic bath and an IPA scrub down it still behaves weird. I went down to the LFS to buy another pump and a Vectra L2, the controller from the L2 works fine with my pump so I'll be returning the L2 and trying to find someone to reflow the board or I'll buy a replacement controller.

Maybe @_AV can help :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new