Vectra l2 keep leaking

BrokeBudgetReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to see how many have ran vectra l2 pumps externally and if you had issues with leaking.

Current situation is my first l2 started making a noise so I contacted ecotech and they asked me to pull the pump apart and clean it. I did as was asked but then spent 4 hours trying to get the pump to seal. Fast forward some emails back and forth and I have a new l2 to exchange the old hook it up and it starts leaking way worse then the old one. Both leaks are coming from near the bottom screw on the housing.

This is not a post to bash ecotech just trying to see if I'm the only one or not

20230816_184724.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my experience is that ecotech makes good products and the people that handle warranty are first rate . Since your having the same issue but with a new pump I would call them again and explain what’s going on . I’m sure they will figure it out . :cool:

TrevorHenryTDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to see how many have ran vectra l2 pumps externally and if you had issues with leaking.

Current situation is my first l2 started making a noise so I contacted ecotech and they asked me to pull the pump apart and clean it. I did as was asked but then spent 4 hours trying to get the pump to seal. Fast forward some emails back and forth and I have a new l2 to exchange the old hook it up and it starts leaking way worse then the old one. Both leaks are coming from near the bottom screw on the housing.

This is not a post to bash ecotech just trying to see if I'm the only one or not

20230816_184724.jpg
Ever get this figured out. I can’t get the dang bottom nut to stop leaking for the life of me.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

20230816_184724.jpg
I did have one new out of the box that kept leaking from the bottom somewhere, after multiple emails/calls I discovered the bottom of the pump housing itself had a hairline crack in it. It was taken care of under warranty but took about a week and a half to get all sorted out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back