Vectra M1 - No lights on Controller

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
4,023
Reaction score
1,617
Location
Detroit
Rating - 95.3%
40   2   1
So I was in the middle of doing the min/max speed calibration on my M1 when the tank started to fill too much to the point of almost overflowing so I quickly killed the power to the pump. Since then I cannot get any lights on the controller to come on. I pulled the controller apart to see if maybe water managed to get into the board but it’s completely dry. Holding down mode/set doesn’t do anything. Anyone have any ideas?
 
Seems like the power supply maybe toast... does the power brick have a little green led on it, sometimes this will be red or not on. you can take a DVM and check the voltage out on it.

I don't own this product just throwing out some thoughts on it.
 
Seems like the power supply maybe toast... does the power brick have a little green led on it, sometimes this will be red or not on. you can take a DVM and check the voltage out on it.

I don't own this product just throwing out some thoughts on it.
Confirmed 24v coming out of power supply all ready. My best guess is it’s stuck in some sort of weird mode due to shutting it off midway through calibration.
 
Confirmed 24v coming out of power supply all ready. My best guess is it’s stuck in some sort of weird mode due to shutting it off midway through calibration.
ahh I see its possible you bricked the controller then... I will let eco tech chime in on that though..
 
That’s my guess as well. Hopefully it’s recoverable. Just bought this pump 3 days ago lol.
dang bummer, I hate when I shoot myself in the foot. Just the other day I bought a brand new eheim 300 watt heater, dropped it in my mixing barrel and it when straight down and shattered... ;Rage Good luck though!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new