Vectra M2 Thermistor Error

Blandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to a failed main pump and a message on the Mobius app that says “Thermistor Error’.
I saw one other fix in this forum but is this common?
IMG_0141.jpeg

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I had the same issue with my pump a couple of times.
At the beginning, I was turning it off and restarting it (a few times) until suddenly it would work again. Yet, after a few months the pump stopped completely.

Good luck and see if it works for you!

Meanwhile, let’s see if someone has an alternative solution!

Cheers!

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way!!!

OP
OP
Blandon

Blandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I guess it’s getting shipped back to Ecotech

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to my S2 yesterday. I made a post about it, I couldn’t keep up with the overwhelming attention it received. Anyway…. I have yet to contact scotch about mine yet. I plan on doing so but am not sure about the details on what kind of help I would recieve. I did have that S2 running for over 4 years so I’m not sure what will happen. I as well say the post from the guy “bridging” his plug connection and decided to give it a try. I didn’t check anything with the multimeter, just dove in. I just did both the thermostat wires at the same time and still received the error each time I attempted to revive the pump. So it didn’t work for me. But, in my efforts to get a new return pump today I got some helpful information.
I wasn’t sure what direction I wanted to go with the new pump. But in the end out of the Red Sea, sicce or vectra I decided the best product was still the ecotech.
I ran my Vectra S2 on my Cade 1200, and it was close to maxed out for the full four years. Which I’m sure is more strain than it would like. So I went with M2. The ask is much less, putting out plenty at 45%.
Also. Each time I needed to pause the S2 I would just flip the quick power switch on my table control board, this would power off the pump.
Multiply this by 100’s and that could have led to a connection failure in the motor housing without a doubt. I didn’t utilize the mobius app before, but this time I will. Maybe it’s life will stretch if I keep the power to the unit, and just tell it to take a seat for a second… it makes sense to me.
But still 100% plan on diagnosing the S2 and having a backup/mixing pump.

Happy reffing, cheers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back