Vectra M2 Thermistor Error

Blandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to a failed main pump and a message on the Mobius app that says “Thermistor Error’.
I saw one other fix in this forum but is this common?
IMG_0141.jpeg

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I had the same issue with my pump a couple of times.
At the beginning, I was turning it off and restarting it (a few times) until suddenly it would work again. Yet, after a few months the pump stopped completely.

Good luck and see if it works for you!

Meanwhile, let’s see if someone has an alternative solution!

Cheers!

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way!!!

OP
OP
Blandon

Blandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I guess it’s getting shipped back to Ecotech

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to my S2 yesterday. I made a post about it, I couldn’t keep up with the overwhelming attention it received. Anyway…. I have yet to contact scotch about mine yet. I plan on doing so but am not sure about the details on what kind of help I would recieve. I did have that S2 running for over 4 years so I’m not sure what will happen. I as well say the post from the guy “bridging” his plug connection and decided to give it a try. I didn’t check anything with the multimeter, just dove in. I just did both the thermostat wires at the same time and still received the error each time I attempted to revive the pump. So it didn’t work for me. But, in my efforts to get a new return pump today I got some helpful information.
I wasn’t sure what direction I wanted to go with the new pump. But in the end out of the Red Sea, sicce or vectra I decided the best product was still the ecotech.
I ran my Vectra S2 on my Cade 1200, and it was close to maxed out for the full four years. Which I’m sure is more strain than it would like. So I went with M2. The ask is much less, putting out plenty at 45%.
Also. Each time I needed to pause the S2 I would just flip the quick power switch on my table control board, this would power off the pump.
Multiply this by 100’s and that could have led to a connection failure in the motor housing without a doubt. I didn’t utilize the mobius app before, but this time I will. Maybe it’s life will stretch if I keep the power to the unit, and just tell it to take a seat for a second… it makes sense to me.
But still 100% plan on diagnosing the S2 and having a backup/mixing pump.

Happy reffing, cheers

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fixed mine. Thanks for the info. I reached out to Ecotech with no help or response from them. My pumps are only 2 years old, 1 showed thermistor error and I was about to order replacement controller. However, my 2nd pump failed with same code....

I was now left with no return pump circulating through my sump (I had dual return pumps running, so 1 failing just meant ramping up the gph on the other). When the 2nd failed I was about to order through the fastest shipping and started to tear off my mixing station pump to plumb into my system in the meantime.

When I went to remove the power supplies for both Vectra M2 I tried something, I had 1 mp60 that I had powered off a few weeks ago still inside the system, so I unplugged the power cable from the controller and connected it to the vectra m2... and boom issue fixed. I then pulled another power supply and replaced the 2nd one that had just failed and also worked like a charm.

Once I pulled off the 2 power supplies I noticed they are just regular Chinese supplies. Everywhere they are for 60 to 100 dlls "original" replacement from ecotech. However, they don't send you an original, just a Chinese one you can get at Amazon for 20dlls. I bought 2 new ones rated for a higher running wattage. Don't buy the replacement one from fish stores as they are the same if not worse than the ones on Amazon.

Now both my pumps running like a charm with no thermistor error. I think the error code on both my pumps was being triggered by the power supplies.

Hope this helps as I was stumped for days waiting for ecotech.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back