Vectra s2 hot adapter!

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for the vectra s2 running full 100% for the adapter to be hot?
 
What are you defining as hot. My L2s run around 110 degrees.



IMG_3394.jpeg
 
I have several power supplies for different pumps, lights and some do appear to be quite warm to the touch.
 
Agree. I think running war/hot is the norm… i have several “meanwell” power supplies which are generally considered the standard, they all run hot to the touch.

How hot is yours? You should able to keep your hand on it for some time, or are you afraid it’s going to melt any plastic or wiring thats near it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new