Need help finding hose adapter fitting

Jl330

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2017
Messages
764
Reaction score
395
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new ro/di unit. The input is a garden hose attachment. I’m trying to connect to a former washing machine hookup. I had assumed they were the same thread but I guess I was wrong. Does anyone make an adapter for this? Can I get it at the hardware store or need to order it?
 
Do you have a photo of it?
 
Usually washing machines use a standard 3/4" GHT fitting just like the RO unit. Is it leaking? You might need to add an o-ring (maybe borrow one from your garden hose) or even thread tape if it's just a drip.

Or maybe you have an odd washing machine hookup.
 
Usually washing machines use a standard 3/4" GHT fitting just like the RO unit. Is it leaking? You might need to add an o-ring (maybe borrow one from your garden hose) or even thread tape if it's just a drip.

Or maybe you have an odd washing machine hookup.
I can’t even get it to thread on
 
Would you be able to provide photos of the hookup? Something is odd.
 
I think the threaded adapter from my previous setup is actually just stuck in there and I need to somehow get it out. Silly mistake.
 
Washing machine hookups are the same thread as a garden hose. I'm at my shop this morning. Here is a picture of the washing machine hose hooked up to a standard hose bib.
PXL_20261008_145230504.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new