Help with connecting RO buddy to faucet.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oyster_-
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oyster_-

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2024
Messages
118
Reaction score
35
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I need some sort of faucet adapter as none of our faucets have threads, and so the RO buddy can't connect to it. It came with this attachment thing (the white thing), but none of the sinks fit it. The photo of the faucet is the basement faucet I was intending to use. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?



IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2132.jpeg
 
That faucet has an external thread on it. If it's the right size you might just have to give the threads a scrub and try to firmly screw it on without cross threading. I had a lot of trouble getting that same adapter on my old sink it just seemed to endlessly spin but I eventually got it on after alot of cursing.
 
That faucet has an external thread on it. If it's the right size you might just have to give the threads a scrub and try to firmly screw it on without cross threading. I had a lot of trouble getting that same adapter on my old sink it just seemed to endlessly spin but I eventually got it on after alot of cursing.
Sadly the faucet itself is too wide for the attachment
 
Sadly the faucet itself is too wide for the attachment
3/4 inch? You can get a 3/4" hose thread (GHT) to 1/4 adapter (push connect) from a hardware store.
IMG_20260731_191812.jpg

One of these
 
Last edited:
Take a look at the two incoming water lines to the sink. It is usually better to t off the incoming cold water line. That way you can keep the RO Buddy hooked up all the time. See this photo:

IMG_7905.jpeg
 
My basement sink has a big box around it that can’t be easily opened to access the water lines
 
My basement sink has a big box around it that can’t be easily opened to access the water lines
It is usually bad news bears if you cannot access the water lines to any sink easily. How else can you replace the faucet cartridge when it starts to leak, etc. (other than shutting off the water line into the house). Anyhow there are fittings which can connect the faucet outlet to an RO line—you have the search around or maybe someone on the board will be able to post.

You should also check to see if the tip of the faucet can be unscrewed. That is not uncommon.
 
Turns out there was another attachment I didn’t see that works! Thanks for the help anyways everybody!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new