Vegetable Glycerine

Euphylliaphyle

Just your average schmo.
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
2,732
Location
Eastern NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a Selenomethionine solution in a vegetable glycerine and purified water base that I am thinking about further diluting to dose selenium, based on a deficiency identified by ICP-MS testing. Will small amounts of vegetable glycerine cause any problems in a reef tank?
 
The glycerine will not be a significant problem. It might bubble pop in a skimmer for a bit.
 
I have found a Selenomethionine solution in a vegetable glycerine and purified water base that I am thinking about further diluting to dose selenium, based on a deficiency identified by ICP-MS testing. Will small amounts of vegetable glycerine cause any problems in a reef tank?
I assume adding glycerine would have a similar effect as adding vinegar or vodka, i.e., carbon dosing, though whether you notice nitrate reduction depends how much you add.
 
I have found a Selenomethionine solution in a vegetable glycerine and purified water base that I am thinking about further diluting to dose selenium, based on a deficiency identified by ICP-MS testing. Will small amounts of vegetable glycerine cause any problems in a reef tank?
I assume adding glycerine would have a similar effect as adding vinegar or vodka, i.e., carbon dosing, though whether you notice nitrate reduction depends how much you add.
Thanks. It would be a miniscule amount. The product contains 50mcg Se/drop, and I will only require 2.42mcg Se per day, so I will be diluting into distilled water accordingly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new