Velvet disease help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter medicme1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

medicme1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
Location
st louis mo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet disease has wiped my stock out and i have been researching to determine how long the tank should stay fish free. i keep getting mixed results such as 30 day then some say 60 days. Does anyone have any knowledge or dealt with this horrible stuff? if so could you please tell me how you handled. I put UV sterilizer in its been going for 2 weeks and I have one lone maroon clown in my BTA I havent been able to remove. so all help is greatly appreciated!
thank you
lee
 
I've heard that 3 weeks it should kill itself off.
 
if you have a facebook page look for mr saltwater tank and ask him.. he had it and he will prob be able to help you out with it.. you can also maybe email him to his website.. mrsaltwatertank.com
 
mrsaltwatertank isnt he the one who posted on you tube regarding this but he dismanteled the tank added bleach etc to correct and started over? ill look it up but im thinking its him could be wrong. i do not want to have to start over i have to many coral for that. so i hope that is not only solution.
thanks
 
The waiting is hard to do, but the risk of the tank having velvet is worse. Velvet attacks so quickly.
 
yes it does Krista I never want to go through that again.
I just got my RO/DI system hubbys gonna put it in this weekend so my qt tank will hopefully help me avoid any of this from occuring again.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new