Velvet in tank

saltwaterNano

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
fresno
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon nano tank, saltwater, I used to have two clown fishes, a royal gamma, a gobbie, a couple of hermit crabs and snails. My water parameters were perfect, haven’t introduced anything new into the tank. Then randomly my fish started dying one by one, don’t have the space to quarantine them. I thought it was ich but now I’m pretty confident it’s velvet, my last remaining fish which is the gobbie is struggling, any ideas on how the heck my tank got infested
 
Unfortunately, one bad fish is all it takes-- and if it's Marine Velvet, you've just stepped on a land mine. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new