Vendor banner that literally hurts the eyes to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After-Sale.gif

Folks, this vendor banner honestly is the worst seen to date. It put's allot of excess strain on the eyes. It honestly gave me a headache. It detracts from an otherwise good site. You should do better than to let this type banner get posted on this site.

Nothing against the Vendor but this banner is horrible and should never have been approved to get used. I made a comment on the vendors posting that it was horrible but apparently that's not allowed and it was deleted.

This is a real problem with ads and the like. You can cause headaches and strain on peoples vision. It's common in many video games to try to solve this type issue so people can play without these kinds of problems. It has everything to do with flash frequency and frame rates.

#MODS @revhtree

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you pay money to be a sponsor, pretty much anything is allowed.
I don't think it would be good business to allow vendors to do what ever they want. There has to be limits and proper vetting of ads before they slap them up on the front of every page.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you think should happen, and what actually happens are 2 totally different things.

I have yet to see that add personally.

U

User1

View Badges
After-Sale.gif

Folks, this vendor banner honestly is the worst seen to date., It's put's allot of excess strain on the eyes. It honestly gave me a headache. It detracts from an otherwise good site. You should do better than to let this type banner get posted on this site.

Nothing against the Vendor but this banner is horrible and should never have been approved to get used. I made a comment on the vendors posting that it was horrible but apparently that's not allowed and it was deleted.

This is a real problem with ads and the like. You can cause headaches and strain on peoples vision. It's common in many video games to try to solve this type issue so people can play without these kinds of problems. It has everything to do with flash frequency and frame rates.

Send a message to the admins and owner. There are a few adds and banners here that have had issues...

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send a message to the admins and owner. There are a few adds and banners here that have had issues...
I just Hashtaged the mods and added Rev to the notice.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me personally it is negative advertising, anything obnoxious like such banners is a surefire way to make me never ever buy anything from your store.
I hear ya, And like I said, this isn't me talking negative about the vendor. But this Ad..... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Ouch

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that AdBlockPlus (a chrome plugin) can be used to block specific ads like this. I tried it on R2R ads and it appears to work as usual.

Click the adblockplus icon, click "block element", then click the offending ad. It appears that this allows other ads to show up in that spot on a page refresh, but in principle it should prevent that ad from showing up again.

I can't be completely sure though because I havent seen the ad in question. I'll be curious if this fix works for anyone that can see the ad in question, which does indeed seem to be designed to cause seizures.

I tried by blocking a few ads and refreshing the page a bunch of times. It does appear to work, since every few refreshes I get a blank ad. I suppose in principle one could block them all this way, if you clicked block enough. But theres no motivation to do so, most of the ads are not offensive like that one.

Finally got the ad! And yes, this procedure seems to be effective in disabling it.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have adblock disabled on this site(blocks amazon links), and I've been on since 5:30 am and have yet to see it.

I'm either blind, or have just subconsciously blocked add on this site I've seen them so much.

U

User1

View Badges
Yea, I think I'll just log off and not come back till it's gone..

One reason why I tend to visit a few other sites lately. Less add assaults. They are not into turning a buck so while it may be dated looking you at least get a more or less banner free read.

I would not buy from this store. Looks like a third rate car dealer ad.

That is all well and good but honestly TSA is a decent aquaculture business. I agree with the add being obnoxious but they are a reputable business.

U

User1

View Badges
I don't have adblock disabled on this site(blocks amazon links), and I've been on since 5:30 am and have yet to see it.

I'm either blind, or have just subconsciously blocked add on this site I've seen them so much.

Or lucky. After you posted this I closed my browser, hit the site, clicked on the HOME tab, and BAM...there it is. Bob is your Uncle...

1588603443034.png

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe because I never go to the home site? My saved link is directly to the forums.

EDIT:
Just clicked on the "Home" button and yes, it is super annoying and right at the very top.

IMHO their sale wasn't much of a sale to begin with(cruised the site, and other then junk, nothing was under 100$). No idea why they would do an after sale sale though. Kind of redundant to be honest. If they were on sale during the live sale, how much more can they go on sale for. Or was the live sale just a teaser, and now they are really on sale?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea jkr acro for $257..lol it's kind of funny . Dont worry we won't break your site but those prices will break my bank account .lol all jokes aside we could do without the flashing

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see nothing wrong with it.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After-Sale.gif

Folks, this vendor banner honestly is the worst seen to date. It put's allot of excess strain on the eyes. It honestly gave me a headache. It detracts from an otherwise good site. You should do better than to let this type banner get posted on this site.

#MODS @revhtree
I thought I was the only one who thought it was so obnoxiously loud ((It does get your attention)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back