Vendor recommendations for CUC’s?

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi -

Need to replenish my tank’s CUC. Any recommendations for a good on line vendor? I found Reefcleaner.org but am still looking - would welcome any recommendations.

Thanks!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you stumbled into one of the better answers from the get go :)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with Liveaquaria BYO and Pre-made CUC. Also have used BlueZooAquatics and was happy too. Reefcleaners is also a good choice.

OP
OP
blstravler

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just following up on this thread. I put in an order with Reef Cleaners on July 11th and it was shipped on the Monday the 13th and it has yet to show up. I first contacted them on Tuesday the 12th when tracking said it wouldn’t arrive until Friday the 17th - my concern was not much would survive a 5 day transit in this heat. In response I was told it would be there Wednesday or Thursday - it didn’t arrive either day and on Thursday the tracking ETA disappeared from the USPS site. I again contacted them and all I got back was ‘sorry for the delay’. I reached out again yesterday when it still didn’t arrive (at this point it would not get here until Monday the 20th) asking if they can send a replacement box out as this one has clearly been lost - tracking now just says it’s moving in the USPS network. The response I got was - once again- ‘sorry for the delay’ - no answer to my questions about sending out a new package just four words ‘Sorry for the delay’ so infuriating. So much for my money.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS shipping has serious issues right now. Most packages are fine, some are laughably delayed.

I recently had a box of zoas lost in the mail. Of course I shipped out a replacement to the buyer. 20 days after my first box shipped, it finally arrived at his house. Crazy thing is, some of the zoas were still alive.

Good thing we're about to rely on exactly this shipping system for a presidential election. I'm sure thatll go great!

ON topic -- my choice for cleanup crews depends on what I'm buying (cleanup crew only? or something else too?)

reefcleaners: my go to for clean up crews. The best in the category IMO
live-plants.com: great selection of macro, limited (but still useful) selection of cleanup crew at good prices.
floridapets.com: best live mud and sand I've found, plus has a limited selection (but still useful) of cleanup crew. Great prices here too.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algee barn too if you need other live items. Expensive but good.

honesty though I’m not a huge cuc fan I feel like mine don’t do much except leave lines in the glass and clog things up. If you are paying shipping anyway is recommended a couple tiny sea urchins. They are clean up beasts

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not use reefcleaners again. Took 5 days to get here and half of my Trochus snails dies. I have used LiveAquaria and AlgaeBarn to great success, They ship quickly and everything arrives fat and healthy. The prices and options are all comparable in my limited experience, so I go on receiving live animals in a timely manner. Sorry for the inconvenience you have to go through. good luck

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with Liveaquaria BYO and Pre-made CUC. Also have used BlueZooAquatics and was happy too. Reefcleaners is also a good choice.

I really like live aquaria BYO mostly for the trochus snails. I have used reef cleaners a few times in the past and it was ok, but I prefer the selection from BYO.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back