make the drinks stiffer and practice your sarcasm

oh-really-sarcasm.gif

Last edited:

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try my best to not get frustrated by people who simply don't know better. If they're interested in learning, I'll go as deep as they want me to on the subject... Otherwise they can sit there and poke the glass and stare at them for as long as they want. This is my hobby, for me. I probably couldn't have an educated conversation with them about their niche hobby.

JSmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even my husband doesn't notice if I add something new. I suppose that's a blessing since he has no idea what I spend.
My wife will notice a new fish right away and ask me why I spent $80 on it yet won’t have a clue there’s $300 worth of new coral in the tank lol

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that I have the opposite experience where people will point and look and then see something else and point and look. Omg, what is this thing? Hey, did you see that thing? This is so cool. How does it all work?

All the while I am thinking "That looks bad, don't look over there... STOP TOUCHING THE GLASS!"

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm into Bonsai. People think I torture trees in small pots. If you want to be ignorant and stay ignorant that's on you.

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, I have my tanks in our shop where we get plenty of friends and customers in. People will sometimes comment how they’d love to start a tank with “Nemos” and then I stick my hand in the tank to show them what owning Nemos is really like. Dodging bites and getting splashed in the face. Lol
Someone posted a question on FB about how to get your clowns to stop biting… the consensus was, “if you ever figure it out, let us know!”
Bingo!.....lol

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that I have the opposite experience where people will point and look and then see something else and point and look. Omg, what is this thing? Hey, did you see that thing? This is so cool. How does it all work?

All the while I am thinking "That looks bad, don't look over there... STOP TOUCHING THE GLASS!"
OR tapping on it!!!!!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have many guests over, but the ones I do are all amazed that all those "little colorful bits" are actually living organisms. I guess too many people are used to the plastic decorations seen in FW tanks. I have to explain that everything they see is actually a living entity. Then comes the next irritating question "how much did it cost?". I simply say that anyone that comes to rob my house would never know where the money is.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should mention that I don’t dissuade anyone from the hobby… I just want them to know there are nicer fish and clowns aren’t all friendly little Nemos :)
Thats when u suggest hand feeding to see how nice they are, they love it, you’ll see.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn't believe what they say about YOU behind your back when you go to their home make a stupid comment about their wine collection.

jack nicholson smile GIF

"I can't believe he chose a sauvignon blanc with his steak. What a Neanderthal...."

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try my best to not get frustrated by people who simply don't know better. If they're interested in learning, I'll go as deep as they want me to on the subject... Otherwise they can sit there and poke the glass and stare at them for as long as they want. This is my hobby, for me. I probably couldn't have an educated conversation with them about their niche hobby.
+1. The fact that they are admiring your effort and are trying to engage in our hobby should be a great compliment. Imaging going to a ‘computer geek’ and try to connect on his programming hobby. You wouldnt even be in the ballpark of knowing what to talk about. Kinda amused about people conflating ignorance and microagressions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back