Venustus Angelfish (Paracentropyge venusta)| Fish Spotlight

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While venustus may sound cooler, if you used scientific resources, rather than just hobbyist resources you will find that venusta is accurate.

An author has an ethical responsibility to find and disseminate correct information. If you can't get the name correct how can we trust anything else that is presented.

The words Centropyge and Paracentropyge are feminine, making venusta the correct form, not venustus.
I’m not trying to start any arguments but did want to know how you can tell the gender of different scientific names like Paracentropyge venusta, Hoplolatilus chlupatyi, Koumansetta hectori ect… (The second and third names aren’t Angels but were the first scientific names I thought of).

The venusta Angel is a beauty and wish we saw more Paracentropyge angels over here, I only see the multi bars and most of the time they look unhealthy.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my venusta could not do it through QT.
I have got a new pair of TB venusta. They are small (around 2,5 cm) but they are already eating some cyclops and artemia nauplii. Hope this time they make it through the observational QT. They'll need some time to grow up until a decent size so they may be added to the display tank.
Man that's a shame, what could have gone wrong? Do you had problems with the quality of the water? Feeding?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my venusta could not do it through QT.
I have got a new pair of TB venusta. They are small (around 2,5 cm) but they are already eating some cyclops and artemia nauplii. Hope this time they make it through the observational QT. They'll need some time to grow up until a decent size so they may be added to the display tank.
Mine went through qt fine, was your eating at all? Mine only ate live brine for two weeks then he started eating frozen

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not trying to start any arguments but did want to know how you can tell the gender of different scientific names like Paracentropyge venusta, Hoplolatilus chlupatyi, Koumansetta hectori ect… (The second and third names aren’t Angels but were the first scientific names I thought of).

The venusta Angel is a beauty and wish we saw more Paracentropyge angels over here, I only see the multi bars and most of the time they look unhealthy.
I wish multibars were more common here

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news about the new pair of venusta. They were, apparently, happy but within a couple of days both died. They seemed to be eating some cyclops and artemia nauplii, however they were so small that anything could happen.

The quality of the water was good. It was a completely cycled tank. Amonia, nitrite, everything fine.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
☹️ that’s horrible news
Bad news about the new pair of venusta. They were, apparently, happy but within a couple of days both died. They seemed to be eating some cyclops and artemia nauplii, however they were so small that anything could happen.

The quality of the water was good. It was a completely cycled tank. Amonia, nitrite, everything fine.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is no hobby for the weak-spirited. I’ll try again but right now I’ll give myself a break
I'm sorry for your losses, approximately how many times did you feed them a day?

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure he must have fed the fish a lot more than that, maybe 10-12 times a day, I don't remember if these fish have a fast metabolism but I wouldn't hesitate to feed as if they did, I'll I wish better luck for the next one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back