• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ver disappointed with Algae barn!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tomb18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I placed an order two weeks ago. Both items were supposed to be in stock. I never had confirmation. A week later it still has not shipped. I contacted them and got this response:

We apologize for the delay with your order, but we are working on improving our documentation for international shipping to reduce potential delays and ensure fresher product. While we don't currently have an estimate as to when we will be able to fulfill international orders at this time, do know that we are working towards finalizing these changes as soon as possible.

So I asked them why they have charged my PayPal account if you have no estimate for shipping?

I never received a reply.
So I have been charged. But they won't commit to sending it to me.
Really poor business practice.

Tom

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi
I placed an order two weeks ago. Both items were supposed to be in stock. I never had confirmation. A week later it still has not shipped. I contacted them and got this response:

We apologize for the delay with your order, but we are working on improving our documentation for international shipping to reduce potential delays and ensure fresher product. While we don't currently have an estimate as to when we will be able to fulfill international orders at this time, do know that we are working towards finalizing these changes as soon as possible.

So I asked them why they have charged my PayPal account if you have no estimate for shipping?

I never received a reply.
So I have been charged. But they won't commit to sending it to me.
Really poor business practice.

Tom
Hi there Tom. We do apologize for the delay and we submitted are required documents and reached out again to follow up on the process. You reached out to us last week and one of our customer service representatives replied the same day and you also replied back to that initial response that you were okay with waiting. We do apologize that it is taking longer than anticipated and we would be more than happy to add pods to your order for the inconvenience. If you do not want to wait anymore we completely understand and would be more than happy to issue you a refund. Please DM us and let us know which option works best for you and if there is anything else we can help you with :)

OP
OP
T

tomb18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Tom. We do apologize for the delay and we submitted are required documents and reached out again to follow up on the process. You reached out to us last week and one of our customer service representatives replied the same day and you also replied back to that initial response that you were okay with waiting. We do apologize that it is taking longer than anticipated and we would be more than happy to add pods to your order for the inconvenience. If you do not want to wait anymore we completely understand and would be more than happy to issue you a refund. Please DM us and let us know which option works best for you and if there is anything else we can help you with :)

OP
OP
T

tomb18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reply is non committal. You didn't answer my question. Why have you charged me and have not given any indication of if and when you are going to ship?
This is completely unacceptable customer service. Answer my question.
What have you charged me and not said when and if you will fulfill my order. Stop jerking me around.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your reply is non committal. You didn't answer my question. Why have you charged me and have not given any indication of if and when you are going to ship?
This is completely unacceptable customer service. Answer my question.
What have you charged me and not said when and if you will fulfill my order. Stop jerking me around.
We apologize that the documentation process is taking longer than expected and unfortunately is out of our control. We hope that we can ship internationally again in a week, but it could be a little longer than that. Since we are waiting to hear back on the completion on their end, we can not give you an exact date unfortunately. We have every intent to ship your order and is why we offered to include free pods in your shipment. We understand that waiting until we hear back on the documents being finalized may not be ideal for you so we would be more than happy to refund the full amount of your order if that is what you prefer:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tomb18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have to consider that you are really dishonest and ripped me off. Sorry but even after additional emails and additional promises you have not yet shipped nor have you refund my money.
You are also ignoring the PayPal dispute and not refunding the money for non shipment of product.
You are a bunch of dishonest people who do not deserve to be in business.
I will do whatever I can (BBB) from this point forward to make you pay for this awful experience.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now I have to consider that you are really dishonest and ripped me off. Sorry but even after additional emails and additional promises you have not yet shipped nor have you refund my money.
You are also ignoring the PayPal dispute and not refunding the money for non shipment of product.
You are a bunch of dishonest people who do not deserve to be in business.
I will do whatever I can (BBB) from this point forward to make you pay for this awful experience.
Hi there Tom- We apologize as we didn't have any support emails from you requesting a refund nor a PayPal dispute. Your order has been refunded. We did also take the international shipping option off of the website since the finalization is taking longer than it should have. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to get your order out in a timely fashion due to the new required documents. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back