Verify my kalk ato code

Reefinmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I’m relatively new to the apex so i’m wanting to ensure there aren’t any “bugs” in my code before trusting it with 10 gallons of kalk. As my tank has matured it’s cal and alk demands have outgrown kalkwasser. I would like to switch from fresh ro/di ATO and dosing a metered amount of kalk to kalkwasser in my ato and dosing Na2CO3 with my dosing pump. My topoff reservoir is a remote 10 gallon tank with a float switch on a magfloat to monitor the level. I have two float switches in the sump that are approximately 4 fl oz apart- ato_L and Ato_H. The apex ATO task code for ro/di topoff has worked flawlessly and consistently with a solenoid and backup float valve for 10 months. I want to use extra caution and redundancy with kalk in the top off. Kalk will render a float valve unreliable in no time so i plan to use two apex sv1 solenoids. I have a valve restricting the flow to ~100ml/min.

I would like the solenoid to open 1 minute per hour except during 3 hours of the peak ph. I would like to override this and close the valve if either ato_l or ato_h rise(closed) or if the kalk float 10GATO drops(closed). I also want it off if the ph is above 8.25(.1 above normal), if the skimmer cup float has tripped or if I turn the return pump off(water change).

Is everything in the right order for what I would like? If evaporation remains as consistent as it has, i’d expect this solenoid to open 45 seconds on average. Allowing it to open a maximum of one minute per hour should allow enough flexibility for variation in flow rate and evaporation while limiting it to a reasonable maximum amount of kalk. Again I intend to use two solenoids. Would it be best to run the same code on both solenoids?

CE9ACEB9-0D59-41F2-958E-141DE460610E.png

OP
OP
R

Reefinmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input and i’ll glad accept more. As well as additional redundancy suggestions. I plan to test everything out tomorrow and of course i’ll limit the volume until i feel confident it is reliable.

Can anyone critique this code for a brs 50ml/min doser? I want to dose 200ml of NA2CO3 per day. It will be diluted to equate to 0.7dkh per day in 110g of tank water. I want it to dose 30 seconds 8 times a day offset a few minutes apart from the kalk dosing at the beginning of the hour. 10:05, 11:05, ————16:05, 17:05. I also want it off if the skimmer cup unexpectedly fills, if the return pump is off, if the ph is higher than normal and if my backup sump level float switch is up(closed).

56F0CD1C-C112-4AB7-A3BF-8F33B114CFA8.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back