Vermatid?

odius

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a vermatid snail? Should i remove rock and cut them off?

560ACBFA-3D5F-4478-AE8E-B38423C6CE8D.jpeg
 
I dont see the classic vermatid shell in this photo. But there is something there. Looks like a free roamer though....
 
They are definately stationary and I see a handful on a single rock that came with an anemone attached. I just don’t want them to spread if they will be problematic for my coral and searching other forums has put up several red flags ie, fragile shell/exterior, two tentacles and small strings around them. Ofc if they are harmless filter feeders I would like to keep them.
 
They are definately stationary and I see a handful on a single rock that came with an anemone attached. I just don’t want them to spread if they will be problematic for my coral and searching other forums has put up several red flags ie, fragile shell/exterior, two tentacles and small strings around them. Ofc if they are harmless filter feeders I would like to keep them.
I would just remove the rock and scrape them off with a rigid tool.
My tank is over run with them and its like holding a cactus trying to move rocks around.
 
I would just remove the rock and scrape them off with a rigid tool.
My tank is over run with them and its like holding a cactus trying to move rocks around.
Ha nice analogy. Ok i’ll most likely heed your advice, cheers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new