Versa dosing pump

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just set up 2 new versa pumps. Easy set up and connection. But a little confused on how to set them up for auto water changes. Would have thought they would have had a pre-set for it. I know I can just set them the same, but how do I know they will dose at the same time as the other?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 ways to use the versas to conduct water changes. Both with their pros and cons.

First is to have both pumps come on at the same time removing and adding at the same time. Of course you want to have the tube removing old water upstream so that you're not removing the new water you're adding.

This is the simplest way to do it because you're not disrupting any other subsystems you may have on your tank, specifically an ato. By instantaneously adding what you're removing the water level stays the same.

When programming the versas for this, you simply create the exact profiles for both pumps. They turn on and off at the same time. Or you can do what I do, I have both pumps run continuously at a slow speed 24/7.

The other way to do it is to have one versa pump out old salt water and when that task is complete have the other versa pump in new salt water. This will disrupt your water level and if you have an ato you'll want to disable it during the duration that both versas are performing their tasks. If you don't the ato will add rodi water while your first versa is removing water, and over time you'll start to see a shift in your tanks salinity (which is no good).

Mobius programming is pretty straightforward, if you program them to operate within a specific time, then they will. No matter which approach you use, they will perform as you program them.

Back