Versa pump leaking and not priming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, just wondering if I could get some guidance on the Versa pump that I just tried to setup last night.

I bought this pump about 2 months ago and have been waiting to set it up once I added corals and noticed a consistent ALK drop.

That’s said, I just installed the pump last night and have been getting a “spitting” effect where I don’t get a full stream when manually running the pump full power through Mobius. This is creates wildly inaccurate dosing when I try to do a calibration.

Here’s a link to a YouTube video showing what I’m talking about.

I also noticed that the inlet push connect has developed a crust overnight from where it must be leaking. I have taken it out cleaned it and reconnected the inlet securely multiple times and still getting the spitting effect.

also I am using the versa tubing so that’s not the issue.

Any other ideas or am I just unlucky?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be one of the early units that had defective push connects... Id send them an email.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look inside the tubing connector, if is only one o-ring, then you probably have one of the initial release pumps that have leak issues. They replaced those with two o-rings to create a proper seal.

7B440876-CBEA-47FD-A603-4CB12C7E7CAB.jpeg

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look inside the tubing connector, if is only one o-ring, then you probably have one of the initial release pumps that have leak issues. They replaced those with two o-rings to create a proper seal.

@Robinson

Here’s a picture of the unit I have. When I went to open it, it started leaking everywhere.

Ugh big mess in my sump area, kinda disappointed with this...

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Robinson

Here’s a picture of the unit I have, to my eye it looks like what you have posted. Is this the old one I-ring model?

When I went to open it, it started leaking everywhere. Ugh big mess in my sump area, kinda disappointed so far.
C38FC117-FF06-4854-A54D-299D2C5D8EDD.jpeg
50027558-FCEB-4EA7-B798-55CF3A69C7D8.jpeg

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robinson

Here’s a picture of the unit I have, to my eye it looks like what you have posted. Is this the old one I-ring model?

When I went to open it, it started leaking everywhere. Ugh big mess in my sump area, kinda disappointed so far.
C38FC117-FF06-4854-A54D-299D2C5D8EDD.jpeg
50027558-FCEB-4EA7-B798-55CF3A69C7D8.jpeg

That’s only one o-ring, those are the one leaking. Contact Ecotech about your issue and tell them you have the connector with only one o-ring that are leaking. They will send you new connector that will fix your issue.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back