Versa pumps amazing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at those as well for doing water changes. Just starting out in this and I can't justify buying into the Neptune Apex environment. An Apex EL and DOS would put me at $800.

WRT the Versa pumps, are they standalone devices or is the reeflink required? Also, can someone explain what exactly the reeflink is required for? I thought most/all the eco tech equipment can be accessed via the mobius (or Eco Smart?) app. Is reeflink just so you can access your devices when you're not home?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at those as well for doing water changes. Just starting out in this and I can't justify buying into the Neptune Apex environment. An Apex EL and DOS would put me at $800.

WRT the Versa pumps, are they standalone devices or is the reeflink required? Also, can someone explain what exactly the reeflink is required for? I thought most/all the eco tech equipment can be accessed via the mobius (or Eco Smart?) app. Is reeflink just so you can access your devices when you're not home?
The Reeflink is a legacy device, that was used to access Ecotech devices remotely before Mobius and Bluetooth came along.

The Versa pump is actually not compatible with Reeflink, and can only be used with the Mobius app.

Mobius devices are currently not accessible remotely through the internet, but that feature will be included eventually, as mentionned by Ecotech.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, ya… rub it in… lol, been waiting months to get a. 4 pack with no end in sight.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reeflink is a legacy device, that was used to access Ecotech devices remotely before Mobius and Bluetooth came along.

The Versa pump is actually not compatible with Reeflink, and can only be used with the Mobius app.

Mobius devices are currently not accessible remotely through the internet, but that feature will be included eventually, as mentionned by Ecotech.
Got it, I think.
As long as the versa pumps are standalone and don't require a controller, I'm happy. Whether I stick them on a timer or use an app and run them manually doesn't much matter to me. Anything will be better than hauling saltwater up from my basement.
Ya, ya… rub it in… lol, been waiting months to get a. 4 pack with no end in sight.
I'm hoping maybe my LFS has some. I just picked up a Tunze 3155 from them and it's sold out everywhere.

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought mine used. i couldn't find it online or lfs anywhere

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting for 6 months and counting...

Just about to give up and get some Kamoer pump

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, my LFS said they sold their last one this morning. When I mentioned that they've been out of stock everywhere he told me the person that bought it drove four hours to get it. Now, as much as I'd like to get a pair of these, I'm not driving 4 hours for them.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting for 6 months and counting...

Just about to give up and get some Kamoer pump
You and me both. I’ve been using Kamoer X1 Pros’s for the past six months or so. Zero complaints. I calibrate them once a month and they haven’t missed a beat. They keep my tank stable.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me both. I’ve been using Kamoer X1 Pros’s for the past six months or so. Zero complaints. I calibrate them once a month and they haven’t missed a beat. They keep my tank stable.
Exactly what I ordered today.

They seem to have good feedback.

Too bad, was really looking forward to those Versa pumps...

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I ordered today.

They seem to have good feedback.

Too bad, was really looking forward to those Versa pumps...
These Lamoer are pretty good and they are WiFI. I’ll pick up the Bersa’s if they ever come back in stock, but only because it’ll cut down on the number apps I need to run my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back