Versa Running A CaRX

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes total sense. Especially if you have your masterflex in a remote room (if brushed) or have a brushless model already. Also especially since you travel. Definitely won’t get any debate from me on that. I think my comment was moreso directed toward home bodies like me or people who don’t have a nice masterflex already.

I’m one of the ones that got a ridiculously cheap masterflex on eBay. I paid 200 shipped for mine but it’s a brush motor model and is louder than I’d like in my living area. I lived with it for 3 years before I broke down and traded some frags for a gently used Kamoer. I actually preferred a gently used one to verify the power supply and screen actually work (as many of them are duds right out of the box). It’s only been in service for a few weeks but the noise level is so much more preferable now. I have my masterflex sitting right next to it in the equipment cabinet ready to swap back over in an instant if a problem should arise. I wouldn’t sell it, as it is now a point of redundancy for me. I am also interested in a couple Versa pumps as a third level of redundancy should the need arise or for other purposes like amino acid dosing or vodka dosing just to simplify my daily
Hands on tasks. Still waiting another 6-12 months before all the first run lemons have made their way through retailers
What flow rate do you have your Kamoer set at. I need 80ml/min and the kamoer seems to have to run very fast to achive that flowrate.

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing pH of 6.4@80ml/min...... can you say calcification?!?!?!?!

Alk is kept at 7.7 dKH

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquamaxx T-3 as the primary reactor and a T-2 for my secondary reactor chamber. I run at 6.4 in the T-3 and the T-2 operates at about 6.6. So I am getting decent alk production from both of them. I have about 40lbs of reactor media total between the two. I am going to build my own reactor next!

I am hooking my calcium reactor up to my return pump discharge. It’s going thru a 5 micron filter and then I am using a fancy valve (just kidding, it’s a basic valve) to control flow. My return pump pressure is very constant. We will see how it goes.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back