Vertex 150 Omega pump going bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dangros
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dangros

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
561
Reaction score
180
Location
northern va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Vertex 150 Omega that I purchased back in about 2014. Occasionally, when I turn off the power to the pump (cleaning, etc) then turn it back on, the impeller seems to get caught. I hear it make a sound as if catching. I then disconnect it from the skimmer and move it in the water to get it restarted. Then it will work normally. I cleaned it out but it still happens. Since they are no longer in business, is there anything I can do?
 
yeah it is not a bad run. I'm debating replacing the impeller. Apparently I can use the Sicce PSK1000 impeller but that may or may not fix it. Or I can use it as an excuse to buy a new skimmer and be 100% certain it works :). Lot of money though. If I were to replace the skimmer, what would be a quieter, more effective option that would fit in the same space or less? The existing specs are 9x12 (and it's tight!) w/22" height. I have about 2" to spare w/height as long as I can take the top off and put it on after placing it in the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new