Vertex 150 Omega pump going bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dangros
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dangros

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
561
Reaction score
180
Location
northern va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Vertex 150 Omega that I purchased back in about 2014. Occasionally, when I turn off the power to the pump (cleaning, etc) then turn it back on, the impeller seems to get caught. I hear it make a sound as if catching. I then disconnect it from the skimmer and move it in the water to get it restarted. Then it will work normally. I cleaned it out but it still happens. Since they are no longer in business, is there anything I can do?
 
yeah it is not a bad run. I'm debating replacing the impeller. Apparently I can use the Sicce PSK1000 impeller but that may or may not fix it. Or I can use it as an excuse to buy a new skimmer and be 100% certain it works :). Lot of money though. If I were to replace the skimmer, what would be a quieter, more effective option that would fit in the same space or less? The existing specs are 9x12 (and it's tight!) w/22" height. I have about 2" to spare w/height as long as I can take the top off and put it on after placing it in the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new