Vertex Puratek deluxe worth it?

Laffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, is the vertex pirates deluxe worth the extra dough? The 1:1 ratio is a big thing since water is very expensive in my neck of the woods.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, is the vertex pirates deluxe worth the extra dough? The 1:1 ratio is a big thing since water is very expensive in my neck of the woods.
I love autocorrect. Not sure how Puratek turns into pirates, but I know what you meant.

Rejection rate is pretty much determined by 3 things. The RO membrance, pressure, and temperature. I doubt it is markedly more efficient than any other quality RODI system when operated at identical pressure and temperature. This one has some nice features, especially since it comes with a booster pump, auto flush, and auto shut off. Normally you would need to purchase those features separately.

OP
OP
L

Laffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t notice the pirate change when I wrote that originally. Thanks for proving comment on the rejection rate. The higher conversion is nice but not at the potential risk of wearing out the membranes prematurely. It’s roughly $160 more for the deluxe model which is cheaper than buying a booster pump on its own. I think I’ll be going with this unit!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t notice the pirate change when I wrote that originally. Thanks for proving comment on the rejection rate. The higher conversion is nice but not at the potential risk of wearing out the membranes prematurely. It’s roughly $160 more for the deluxe model which is cheaper than buying a booster pump on its own. I think I’ll be going with this unit!
I bought mine from Premium Aquatics (25% off) last weekend and love it. They ran out off stock.

Marine Depot still has it on sale

https://www.marinedepot.com/Vertex_...-Vertex_Technologies-VX11501-FIRORDNH-vi.html

:)

OP
OP
L

Laffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! My problem is the duties, shipping, taxes, etc to get it north of the boarder. There’s a few places here that have them cheaper than having it shipped over with all the extra fees.

I have to say that nerding out on water purification wasn’t what I was expecting getting back into this hobby![emoji23]

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I LOVE mine! I've had it for about 4-5 years and it's still going strong. Having used several RODI systems before it, this is easily my fav!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mdannister, what do you find makes this unit different than the other you’ve tried to date?
I like the all around quality of the unit. Waste water ratio has been better for me with this unit. I like the techy side of it too with the automated back flush and solenoid that automatically shuts off for any problems (back pressure, lack of water source, etc.).

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the all around quality of the unit. Waste water ratio has been better for me with this unit. I like the techy side of it too with the automated back flush and solenoid that automatically shuts off for any problems (back pressure, lack of water source, etc.).
You know, Daniel
The layout is great and the booster pump is really quiet too.

jbrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is everyone still happy with this unit? Looking at getting one. Thank you.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is everyone still happen with this unit? Thinking about getting one. Thank you for help.
I'm still VERY happy with mine! :D

OP
OP
L

Laffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely happy with the 200 gpd model. These units are beasts!

jbrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good to here!! I am interested in the 100gpd unit haven't really found much info online yet. I'm still learning seems like most people have their preference. Buckeye, brs, marine depot. I don't really know what I need, seems like the vertex is a pretty neat package with the auto shut off and auto flush. It would be neat I think to be able to see the Tds of the source water along with the product water but not really sure. Does anyone miss that feature?

jbrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good to here!! I am interested in the 100gpd unit haven't really found much info online yet. I'm still learning seems like most people have their preference. Buckeye, brs, marine depot. I don't really know what I need, seems like the vertex is a pretty neat package with the auto shut off and auto flush. It would be neat I think to be able to see the Tds of the source water along with the product water but not really sure. Does anyone miss that feature?

jbrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
L

Laffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also add another tds meter before it hits the pre filter and ro memebrane. They aren’t that pricey. That will give you all the info you need and then some.

jbrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good idea I'll check that out. My house it on city water but not sure what my pressure is. Will the vertex booster pump shut off that the correct pressure or is there a concern with to much pressure?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back