Very cool new coral Asterospicularia

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lucked out on finding this little gem. The seller couldn't tell me what it was (only that it was a soft coral) and I'd never seen anything like it before so I bought it. After a little research I am fairly confident it's Asterospicularia. Mine appears red, rather than purple as seen in most pictures I've found.

I'll post more pictures when it fluffs out a bit more.

IMG_0800.jpg
 
I lucked out on finding this little gem. The seller couldn't tell me what it was (only that it was a soft coral) and I'd never seen anything like it before so I bought it. After a little research I am fairly confident it's Asterospicularia. Mine appears red, rather than purple as seen in most pictures I've found.

I'll post more pictures when it fluffs out a bit more.

IMG_0800.jpg
very nice , thanks for sharing, comrade
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new